The day’s events will be emceed by Rita Frazier of RFD Radio.
- Welcome and Safety message – 1 pm
- Opening Comments –
- Duane Noland, Millikin University Board of Trustees, President/CEO of Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives, Former Illinois State Senator and State Representative and Macon County farmer.
- “A World Outlook on Agriculture”
- Dr. Mary Shelman, Director of Agribusiness Program at Harvard Business School - a summary of key industry trends identified through research at Harvard Business School and suggestions for what they might mean for the US in the future
- Chris Olsen, Vice President Community and Government Affairs at Tate & Lyle
- “How Technology is Reshaping Agriculture”
- Cory Reed, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing Services at John Deere – a look at how advances in technology are allowing for greater efficiencies and how that will shape the future of agriculture
- Philip Nelson – President of Illinois Farm Bureau
- "What Would Lincoln Think"
- Colleen Callahan, Illinois Director – USDA Rural Development – A look at the Land of Lincoln and his vision for the USDA
- Bob Flider – Director, Illinois Department of Agriculture
- “The Future of Seed Technology”
- Brett Begemann, President and CEO of Monsanto – insights into what the future holds for the seed industry and how the global economy shapes the priorities for companies such as Monsanto
- Panel Discussion
- Mary Shelman, Cory Reed, Colleen Callahan, and Brett Begemann – Facilitated by Rita Frazier
- Wrap up at 5 pm