Photographers from Grad Images (1-800-261-2576) will be at the ceremony to record three photo opportunities: a candid photo as your graduate receives their diploma, a posed photo with the diploma, and family/individual portraits after the ceremony. No reservations are necessary for these photo opportunities. Since photographs will be available, family members are encouraged to remain in their seats to relax and enjoy the ceremony.
Photos with Alumni Relatives
In addition, graduates with alumni relatives may choose to be photographed with those relatives prior to the ceremony. If you would like to take advantage of this alumni photo opportunity, please complete the online reservation form found here. It's also where you'll also find complete instructions for the location and time of the photos.
Free Photo Gifts for the Graduate
Each graduate will receive a coupon to order a free 5x7 photograph as a gift from Millikin's alumni office. In addition, graduates who were photographed with their alumni relatives will receive one free 5 x 7 copy of that photo approximately six weeks after the ceremony, also a gift from the alumni office. Have questions? Call the alumni office toll-free at 1-877-JMU-ALUM.
Within five business days after the ceremony, e-mail notification will be sent to your graduate’s Millikin address on how to view and order free digital proofs of all the photos, including the free 5x7 gift from the alumni office. You may order online at www.gradimages.com. There is no obligation to purchase any photos; however, you will have the option of ordering from a choice of several enlargement packages.
Ordering Diploma Frames
Want a Millikin frame to proudly display your new diploma? Click here for a printable order form.
Millikin alumni benefits
Consistent with a campus culture that is marked by active engagement of our students, all alumni are encouraged to maintain ties with the university through active involvement with the Alumni Association.
Any degree recipients or former students having successfully completed 12 credit hours or more at Millikin automatically become members of the Association. There is no membership fee. The mission of the Millikin University Alumni Association is to establish and enhance the bond between alumni and the University. Through cooperative efforts with the alumni office, the Association cultivates communication and fellowship among alumni, encourages alumni support for and service to the University, and supports students in the transition to alumni status.
We look forward to your participation in the activities sponsored by our regional clubs in Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, or Decatur, or in the periodic events we sponsor in metropolitan areas throughout the country. In addition, there are many volunteer opportunities, assisting in such areas as admission, career development, reunion planning, alumni event planning, and fundraising.
In the fall issue of Millikin Quarterly, you will receive your Alumni Association Membership Card, which indicates the following benefits you receive as an alum:
- Free admission to regular season home games for men's and women's basketball, football and volleyball (no fees for other sporting events)
- 10% discount on select MU Fine Arts events in person or by phone (217-424-6318). (Excludes season tickets, previously purchased tickets and Vespers. Cannot be combined with other discounts. Not available for on-line purchases.)
- 10% discount on private voice/instrument lessons for alumni and immediate family at Millikin's School of Music Preparatory Department (please indicate alumni status when registering)
- 10% discount on food/beverages at Big Blue Bistro on campus in lower RTUC
- 10% discount on annual membership fees to the Decatur Indoor Sports Center (DISC) at Millikin (excludes daily admission fee)
- Free use of MacIntosh Pool in Griswold Physical Education Center during open swim (M-F, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) when lifeguards are present during the school year
- 10% discount on food at Lock, Stock and Barrel restaurant near campus on nights of home athletic contests (excludes Homecoming weekend)
- Check out privileges at Staley Library (must show ID with current address to obtain library card and must be renewed annually)
- Free use of our computer labs on a time-limited, need basis through special arrangements with the information technology office
- Tuition-free auditing of classes on a space-available basis; administrative fee of $50 applies for each semester
- Job search assistance in the Career Center; nominal rates may apply
- Order/pay for official transcripts through MUOnline (millikin.edu/registrar), $5 each. Also available by mail through Registrar
- Complimentary issues of Millikin Quarterly alumni magazine
- Free access to online resources through myMILLIKIN, including the online alumni directory