Qualified candidates for the MSN degree for Clinical Nurse Leader, Nurse Educator and Nurse Anesthesia are highly motivated individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program and who seek leadership roles in clinical practice or educational settings. Qualified candidates for the MSN degree for the Master's Entry into Nursing Practicing are highly motivated individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree in any field from an accredited program.
Graduate applicants should:
- Complete the MSN Application
- Send official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended.
*CNL, NE and NAP tracks; must demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade
point average of 3.0 out of 4.0
*MENP tracks; must demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average
of 3.25 out of 4.0
- Provide evidence of successful completion (grade of C or better) of courses in undergraduate nursing research, health assessment, organic chemistry and statistics.
- CNL, NE and NAP tracks; possess an unencumbered license as an RN in Illinois.
- Provide scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). If you have maintained a GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) this requirement is waived in the CNL/NE tracks. If you have maintained a GPA of 3.25 (out of 4.0) this requirement is waived in the MENP track.
- Provide three (3) written recommendations (form) or (MENP form)
- For the NAP and MENP track, please see appropriate program for additional program requirements.
- For the NAP track, must complete the Assessment of Critical Care Skills form.
- Submit a one to two-page written statement (up to 1000 words) addressing personal and professional goals related to the master’s program
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
International students must submit official transcripts (in English) with an official evaluation of those transcripts by a foreign credentials evaluation agency and proof of English proficiency as evidenced by a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). There are additional requirements for international students; contact Millilkin’s Graduate Nursing Director, 1184 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL 62522, prior to submitting an application.