Mission, Vision and Values
Millikin's mission is to offer an education that integrates the traditional liberal arts and the practical arts of the professions. Guided by faculty and staff, and within an inclusive and broadly accessible learning community, our students discover and pursue their full potential, personally and professionally, to do well and to do good.
Millikin University's Mission:
To Deliver on the Promise of Education
At Millikin, we prepare students for
- Professional success;
- Democratic citizenship in a global environment;
- A personal life of meaning and value.
Millikin University's Vision:
- To be Recognized as a Distinctive Midwestern University
- Where theory, practice, and reflection guide our curriculum.
- Where integrated learning, collaborative learning, and engaged learning dominate our culture.
- Where students, faculty, staff, and administrators are engaged and stimulated.
We empower adult learners to meet personal and professional goals by integrating education into life, and we strengthen our community by facilitating lifelong learning.
The PACE department has established values that are incorporated in the way we deliver education, do business, and treat students and each other.
L Lifelong learning
T Team commitment