Quicklinks
myMILLIKIN |
Search
Millikin Home
Millikin Directory
Millikin Mobile
Big Blue RSS
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Millikin University > Alumni & Friends > Stay Connected > Millikin Quarterly > Posts > Website upgrade allows quick and easy credit card donations

Supporting Millikin has never been easier.

In August, the university rolled out a new Make a Gift website that allows alumni and friends of the university a simpler way to make credit card donations than in the past. The new site, www.millikin.edu/alumni/makeagift, allows individuals using a credit card to make a one-time gift or even set up recurring gifts on a payment schedule chosen by the donor.

“Our alumni and friends were telling us that they wanted a simple way to make donations to Millikin, something comparable to the ‘shopping cart’ systems you see on so many websites these days,” says Peg Luy ’75, vice president for alumni and development. “We also know that, more and more, individuals want to be able to dedicate their gift to a certain project, department or cause, and this new Make a Gift website makes that easy, too.”

Gifts may range in size depending on the donor’s preference, and at least one donor has already used his credit card to set up a scholarship. Gifts may be made anytime, day or night, and donors have the option to register their contact information for ease in making repeat gifts – or opting not to register.

“It’s becoming one of the most popular features on our website, as those who wish to support Millikin learn that it’s available.” Luy says.

The site is completely secure and offers several giving options, including the Millikin Fund and the “Transform MU” capital campaign .

“A gift to Millikin provides students with opportunities to learn their passion, fulfill their dreams, acquire professional success and ultimately serve society,” Luy says. “Tuition and board fees cover only 75 percent of the university’s expenses. It is through your commitment to Millikin that we are able to fund the other 25 percent to maintain and improve the high quality of our educational programs.”

Comments

There are no comments yet for this post.
 
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
 
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Millikin University - Decatur, IL