Millikin University residence hall rooms have one computer network jack per person. Ethernet patch cords are available at the IT Help Desk, Shilling 106, for $10. A valid Millikin ID card must be presented, and the charge will be applied to the student's account.
Note: Millikin University prohibits the use of wireless routers in
residence halls where Millikin has provisioned wireless connections for students.
Where is the Millikin wireless network available and how do I connect to it?
Wireless access is currently available in the following areas:
• ADM-Scovill Hall - Entire building
• Alumni and Development - Dining room
• Blackburn Hall - First Floor
• Dolson Hall - Entire building
• Gorin Hall - First Floor
• Griswold - Upper Level
• Hessler Hall - Entire building
• Jimmy John's - Outside seating area
• Kirkland - Entire building
• LTSC - Entire building
• Mills Hall - First Floor
• New Hall 2 - Entire building
• New Hall 3 - Entire building
• New Hall 4 - Entire building
• Residence Life
• Shilling Hall - Entire building
• Staley Library - Entire building
• Pipe Dreams
• PMC - Entire building
• RTUC - Entire building
• Walker Hall - First floor
• Weck Hall - Entire building
• Woods - Common building, Suite 5 (English Language Learning) and surrounding areas
To connect to the Millikin wireless network, you must be running at least Windows XP SP3 on a PC, or Mac OS X 10.3 or above on a Macintosh computers. Additionally, you must have a wireless network card or built-in wireless network connection that supports WPA (WiFi Protected Access). Most laptops sold today will have WPA capability, and most Mac OS X computers will support WPA as well. Also, most add-in wireless cards available today will support WPA.
See our instructions
for setting up your computer for campus wireless access for more information.
How do I check my e-mail?
Millikin University uses a web-based portal called myMILLIKIN
. It can be accessed from anywhere in the world and provides students access to:
• Course Tools
• Course Schedules
• Broadcast Communications
• Much More!