Welcome to Millikin University! The office of Information Technology is here to assist you during your academic career.
Technology Q & A for New Students
Cable TV on Campus
Telephone Q & A for New Students
Network Connections on Campus
Online Learning Information
The following checklist contains some things you will want to complete before arriving on campus, and lists some common items you may want to bring with you.
New Student Technology Training Guide
(Last updated 5/2013)
Note: Millikin University prohibits the use of wireless routers or access points in residence halls and campus buildings where Millikin has provisioned wireless connections.
Are you bringing your own computer?
• Install virus protection (Microsoft free anti-virus solution download page
• Turn on antivirus automatic updates
• Install spyware protection
• Turn on Windows or Mac automatic updates
• Bring a surge suppressor strip
Other items to consider
• Bring TV coaxial cable
• Telephone and answering machine
• Bring USB flash drive
• Microsoft Office Windows/Mac (Available with an educational discount
. Go to www.varsitybuys.com
, select Institution Type: College/University, select State/Province: Illinois, press Go and select Millikin University from the list.)
• Ethernet patch cord (25 foot cable available at the Help Desk (Shilling 106) for $10. Must present Millikin Student ID card; amount will be charged to the student's account.)