Position Title: Circulation Associate (Evening)
Department: Staley Library
Supervisor: Access Services Coordinator & Archivist
Incumbent: Stacey Durham (since August 2012)
With the guidance of the Access Services Coordinator, collaborates with the other Circulation Associate in assuring the provision of excellent Circulation Desk services to Millikin University students, faculty, administrators and staff, as well as to community members and visitors from other academic institutions statewide, during all hours that the library is open. Provides basic reference assistance and student employee supervision. Assists student workers, the Access Services Coordinator, and Director of Library in their responsibilities as needed.
Academic year hours for this position are Monday – Thursday 3 pm - midnight, and 3 pm - midnight on Sunday.
Varied shifts during summer months (mid-May to mid-August) and over breaks and holidays, though with similar responsibilities.
Daily during academic year, as part of the Circulation Desk staff team:
- Provide Circulation Desk assistance to Millikin University students, faculty, administrators and staff, as well as to community members and visitors from other academic institutions statewide.
- Under the supervision of the Access Services Librarian, participate in the scheduling, training, monitoring, and evaluation of student employees, including assuring processing of time sheets & paychecks of students specifically assigned to the Circulation Desk.
- Supportively provide work assignments for and supervision of student staff, including assuring appropriate desk coverage and quality of student work.
- Courteously and helpfully interpret library policies and procedures for library users.
- With the other Circulation Associate, assemble, monitor and maintain the faculty's Reserve reading collections, a task that includes creating bibliographic records for these materials in the library's computerized catalog system.
- Assist patrons with locating and borrowing library materials.
- Provide basic reference assistance to library users including appropriate referrals to librarians.
- Provide other library use assistance such as with library technology.
- Answer questions regarding bills and notices, in person as well as by telephone and e-mail. This includes a thorough search in the library for any materials claimed returned or missing from the shelves.
- Oversee library stack maintenance, including assigning to student workers the daily shelving of all materials, regular shelf reading for shelving accuracy, and shifting projects.
- Provide assistance to library users in use of library equipment and assure that it is in working order.
- Assist the Access Services Coordinator in the creation and maintenance of procedure manuals and student training materials for Circulation services.
- Contribute to the collection of statistics and to the creation of statistical and other reports in areas of responsibility.
- Assure that optimum services are provided at the Circulation Desk at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
As the sole Circulation Desk staff member on duty at the end of the business day, responsible for:
- Closing and securing the library; preparing it for the next day's services.
- Assuring the security and proper function of the building.
During the summer, similar to the academic year except:
- Work weekdays with reduced evening and weekend hours.
- Assume greater responsibility at the Circulation Desk during co-workers' vacations.
As a member of the library staff:
- Attend regularly scheduled library staff meetings.
- Within parameters of position responsibilities, propose new or changed policies and procedures to accomplish own responsibilities, related operations, and Library mission.
- Support overall Library operations and services through projects and other duties as assigned.
- Actively support Library colleagues, Library service goals, and College mission.
- Two years of college or equivalent minimum.
- Experience using computers.
- Timely, meticulous, and thorough with multiple details.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Service orientation is essential.
- Flexible and comfortable with change; reliable.
Date of position description: January 31, 2000 / revised July 6, 2012.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work experience in an educational setting and/or library.
- Experience using library computer systems.
- Supervisory experience.