Strategic Plan 2012-2016
To be the driving force in fostering an inclusive campus community that develops active and engaged life-long learners.
Student Development enhances the mission of Millikin University by:
1. Instilling the importance of institutional values
2. Challenging and supporting students to meet and exceed their expectation
3. Delivering quality programs and services that connect theory to practice
* Student Learning
* Human Development
1. Connect academic learning to practical application
2. Consider new and different perspectives
3. Develop personal belief and value system
4. Establish positive relationships with others
5. Understand and actively promote the value of diversity
6. Engage in service with and for others in our community
7. Develop and pursue personal, educational, and career goals
8. Connect the seven dimensions of wellness to lifestyle
The Department of Student Development plays an integral role in reinforcing the core values and prepares of the University. The Department's Strategic Plan emphasizes student learning as the primary outcome of our work. It also stresses the importance of assessment and planning being conducted simultaneously. The necessity of continuing and strengthening our partnerships with faculty, academic and administrative departments, and students is of critical importance in realizing our strategic plan.
The Student Development Strategic Plan sets forth two primary strategic goals that will guide our work for the next five years. These goals are:
I. Create an inclusive campus environment that intentionally promotes student learning and engagement
II. Demonstrate the value added by Student Development through collaborative partnerships with other University units and departments
Each of the strategic goals is supported by specific objectives that will assist in realizing the overarching strategic goal. Several action steps further define the direction for each objective and assist in the assessment of the strategic goal. Finally, action steps are assigned to a specific office area within Student Development and assigned a suggested year of completion within the plan scope.
The strategic planning document in its entirety (with action steps) can be viewed here: SD Strategic Plan Final.doc