What's Happening at the Writing Center
Congratulations to our writing consultant Kristina Guchenia, who will be graduating in December and has been accepted into the Disney College Program! We're so proud of you!
As well, congratulations to our writing consultant Taryn Pepping, who has been accepted into the Clinical Mental Health Counseling/Specialty in Art Therapy Graduate Program at Antioch University in Seattle, WA! We're so proud of you (Taryn designed our bulletin board on Shilling 4 and is working on our new Center's bulletin board--you can see an example of her work on the white board)!
Our new location is University Commons room 338. Make an appointment--EARLY (we book up fast!) and come see us!
We look forward to working with you in our new space!
Need help with the 8th ed. MLA? Come see us--we can help!
University Commons 338
Hours of Operation
Monday: 1-10 p.m.
Tuesday: 1-10 p.m.
Wednesday: 1-10 p.m.
Thursday: 1-10 p.m.
Sunday: 6-10 p.m.
Download the schedule for our Writing Consultants.
Schedule an Appointment
- Go to myMillikin > Academics
- Click on The Writing Center icon or click below for direct access:
- Fill out the appointment request, and you're done! You'll receive confirmation of your appointment AND a reminder the day before.
- 1-7 page paper: schedule 30 min.
- 8-12 page paper: schedule 60 min 12+ pages will need multiple sessions/visits.
What to bring with you
- A copy of your assignment
- Any course materials that might help
- A hard copy of your draft if you need one.
- NO laptops, please!
We understand life happens, so if you need to reschedule let us know.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know! No-shows keep others (and maybe you?) from getting an appointment at this very busy time. Just email us if you can't make it. Thanks for your cooperation!