Millikin students who wish to participate in international study must:
1) Be at least a first-semester Junior
2) Have a 3.0 GPA or better
3) Pay a modest international study fee ($200) at the time the application is accepted
4) Be in good financial standing with the Business OfficeApplication Deadlines
For Fall Semester Travel = March 1
For Spring Semester Travel = October 1
All applications for a study abroad semester MUST be processed through the Center for International Education (CIE). This rule also applies to programs whose application forms may be available through other Millikin departments or on other websites.
1) Personal Data Form
This form includes emergency contact information, confidential medical information, and proof of insurance coverage.
2) Statement of Responsibility, Release and Authorization to Participate in an International Studies Program
Through this form, you agree to behave maturely and adhere to Millikin's code of conduct.
3) Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement
By signing this form, you legally acknowledge your personal responsibility (previous form). Your signature needs to be notarized, which can be accomplished in the CIE or with any other notary. Do not sign this form until you are personally in front of a Notary Public. You will also need to show a valid picture ID (your Millikin ID or driver's license are acceptable).
4) Pre-Registration Information Form
List of courses that you intend to enroll in during your off-campus study program. This form needs to be approved and signed by your Academic Advisor, the Study Abroad Advisor, the Registrar and a Student Services official.
5) Two Faculty Recommendations
The provided form can be used, or the same information can be covered in a letter format. The faculty who write these recommendations should be someone who is familiar with your academic work and can attest that you will use the semester abroad to good academic purpose.
6) International Student Identification Card (ISIC) Application
The ISIC Card is a universal student ID that provides insurance coverage, travel discounts, and
24-hour assistance. Complete and return this application to the CIE, along with a passport-sized picture. The ISIC Card costs $25 and will be charged to your student account.All forms are available at the Center for International Education, LRTUC 121.