Short-Term Equipment Checkout Policy
Millikin University Department of Information Technology
Contributed by Angie Estes
Last updated 3/4/2010
Millikin University’s Department of Information Technology has netbooks available for short duration checkout by Millikin University employees.
Currently, all netbooks run Windows XP and have Microsoft Office 2007 installed. Other software applications may be available for install, but may require additional setup time in advance and must be licensed copies.
Checkouts include a power adapter, power cord, wired mouse and Ethernet cable. These items will be contained in a laptop bag that is identified by a tag.
Given the limited number of netbooks available, we strongly recommend reserving one to ensure availability. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis by submitting a JIRA work order to Desktop Services. The JIRA work order should include the pickup date/time, application requests and return date. You will receive a JIRA notification when the laptop reservation is confirmed. Reservations may be made up to one month in advance and no later than 48 business hours prior to the time of pickup. Items may be checked out for up to two-weeks.
Reserved equipment can be picked up generally during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm) from Shilling 114. If the reserved equipment is not picked up by 5pm on the scheduled day, the reservation will be cancelled. If you reserved equipment and find that you no longer need it, please cancel your reservation so that others may use it.
1. Only individuals who will be directly responsible for its use and for its return may sign equipment out. Equipment cannot be checked out on behalf of a third party.
2. It is the borrower’s responsibility to examine the equipment prior to accepting it.
3. Borrowers must return the equipment before 5pm on the due date. Borrowers may be charged a fine of $5.00 per day, up to and including the replacement cost of the laptop. Due to reservations, equipment may not be renewed. At the time the equipment is returned, a new request may be made.
4. The borrower is responsible for returning all equipment received in the same condition as when received, including all additional parts and accessories included at time of checkout. The Help Desk may refuse to accept equipment with missing parts – in this case the borrower will be responsible for any late fees that may result from the delay.
5. The borrower will be responsible for paying the cost of replacement of any equipment damaged beyond repair or not returned. The borrower will be responsible for paying the repair cost (not to exceed the replacement cost) of any equipment which is returned in damaged condition.
6. Equipment checkout privileges may be revoked at any time without warning due to careless handling of equipment or repeated lateness.