1. The student must meet with the Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator to discuss his/her disability and determine course substitution options.
2. If documentation is requested to verify the need for a course substitution, the student is responsible for all associated expenses.
3. If the documentation clearly indicates a disability that warrants a course substitution, a letter is sent from the Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator to the academic dean of the student’s college, advisor, Registrar and student. The letter includes possible substitution recommendations.
4. The academic dean approves or rejects the request and contacts the student, advisor, Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator and Registrar.
5. If approved the student must meet with his or her advisor to discuss an appropriate substitution.
6. Appropriate math substitutions are dictated by requirement of the discipline.
7. Requests for a course substitution may be rejected if it is determined that a substitution will substantially alter the curriculum.
For questions regarding Millikin’s course substitution policy, please contact Carrie Pierson, Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator or by phone 217-362-6424 or in Library 14-B.