Millikin University - Decatur, IL
What to bring & leave at home

Renter's Insurance:
It is smart to purchase a renter's insurance policy for the personal property within your residence hall room. The University is not responsible for loss or theft of items in your room. Check with your parent's homeowners insurance, they may cover your items. If not, please contact your family insurance agent to purchase a policy. Most policies are very affordable. National Student Services, Inc. offers a very affordable plan for college students with premiums starting at just $39 per year. Access more information atĀ

Everyone is required to bring:
First Week schedule
Health insurance card
Health form
Notes on summer reading for University Seminar
Transcripts from summer courses (if applicable)
Student athletes must additionally bring:
Current physical exam report
Completion of athletic training clearance process
Completed insurance forms by a parent/guardian

Other good things to remember:
Television Fan Bedding (Extra long twin-sized linens)
Power strip
First aid kit
Desk lamp
Shower caddy
Throw pillows
Laundry supplies
Shower shoes
Sewing kits
Small refrigerator (less than 3 cu. ft. and under 1.5 Amps)

Please, do not bring the following:
Pets (Other than fish)
Air conditioner
Halogen lamps
Electrical appliances with open coils
Alcohol & DrugsĀ 

    Millikin University - Decatur, IL
    Millikin University - Decatur, IL