Current Communication Internship Opportunities
Gibbs & Soell Internship
Located in Chicago, Illinois; Gibbs& Soell is accepting applications
for a summer intern position. This is a paid position. For more
information about how to apply click here!
DMH is looking for a project intern to assist the management team to
develop and manage MS project for large-scale multi-million dollar
projects. The position starts immediately and will last for about six
months. For more information about how to apply click here!
The Department of Communication Media Internship allows students
to perform tasks related to the media industry in real work
environments. Tasks could include, on-air talent, production, writing,
reporting, camera operations, and promotions. Locations include media
outlets in both radio and television, online outlets and media
Decatur Memorial Hospital Project Intern
The procedure to pursue a credited internship should be as follows:
- You must be a student of junior standing with a 2.5 Overall GPA.
- Students should discuss the possibility of an internship with their advisor to make sure there is room in their schedule during the appropriate semester and that they will not overload causing additional tuition charges.
- Students should plan to complete internships in semesters (or summer) where consistent blocks of time can be dedicated to the internship. This allows for ease in developing a regular schedule with the internship location that benefits both the student and the organization.
- Students graduating with a degree in Communication MUST complete three credits of internship. Students CAN complete up to six credits of internship.
- After discussing the internship with their advisor, students should schedule a meeting with Melinda Rueter, internship coordinator.
- Internship credit is calculated as follow: 40 hours of work= 1 credit hour. Therefore, to earn 3 credit hours, you must complete 120 hours of work.
Upon deciding on an internship the following paperwork will need to be completed:
Once the internship is completed the student will be responsible for the following:
- A log of hours completed, signed by site supervisor
- A 3-4 page paper detailing the internship experience.
- Students evaluation form of internship
- Any pertinent portfolios or examples of work
- Supervisor Evaluation Form