Major, Minor & Learning Goals
Must complete 21 credits hours above SP223:Intermediate Spanish, including SP480 Advanced Spanish Conversation and Composition (Capstone course).
Must complete 12 credits above SP223: Intermediate Spanish.
University Learning Goals
- Professional success
- Democratic citizenship in diverse and global communities/environments
- A personal life of meaning and value
Spanish Division Learning Goals
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing in Spanish.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to engage in meaningful interactions in Spanish with people from other countries.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to analyze, and conduct research on works of literature from the Spanish-speaking world.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of the contributions made to society by Hispanics in the United States and in the Spanish-speaking nations of the world.
- Students will demonstrate their comprehension and appreciation of the diversity of Hispanic culture, and their understanding of the social, historical, political, and cultural contexts of the Spanish-speaking nations of the world.