- We are a small comprehensive undergraduate university with an exceptional jazz faculty. You will never study with a graduate teaching assistant.
- For decades, the Millikin Jazz program has maintained a national reputation for excellence.
- The Millikin Jazz Band, jazz combo, and One Voice have been regularly cited as “outstanding” at the Elmhurst Jazz Festival.
- The Millikin Jazz Band has also been invited to perform at the Notre Dame Jazz Festival and IMEA State Convention on several occasions, and accepted an invitation to perform at the 2013 J.E.N. National Conference in Atlanta.
- One Voice has performed at the IAJE Conventions in San Diego and New York City as well as the JEN Conference.
- Comprehensive graduate success rate of 98%
- A 1,900 seat Fine Arts Center with a national touring acts series
- A newly renovated School of Music Facility featuring state of the art technological resources includes: 32 track fully automated digital recording studio; Video editing suite; MIDI lab; and Computer lab with 20+ iMacs, various software and keyboards.
Jazz Combo performing at a local club
- Play in one of the big bands, combos, vocal jazz ensembles, and/or Latin Percussion ensemble.
- Perform with traditional large ensembles (wind ensemble, concert band, choirs, & orchestra), plus a variety of smaller chamber ensembles.
- Study jazz improvisation, jazz theory, jazz arranging, jazz history, and various courses in recording technology and music business.
- Participate in a student-run record label
- Take part in a variety of other production, composition, and performance opportunities.
Jazz Band I saxophone section in Millitrax Recording Studio
Con Alma (Jazz Band I)
Escape Velocity (Jazz Band I)
How High the Moon (Jazz Band I)
Piece #3 (Jazz Band I)
Signal Fires (Jazz Band I)
Something Personal (Jazz Band I)
The Balance (Jazz Band I)
Tiptoe (Jazz Band I)