Rehearsals take place every Monday evening, other than school holidays, from 5:15pm – 6:45 beginning Sept. 19.
Mon. Sept. 10
Mon. Sept. 17
Mon. Sept. 24 - Ice Cream Social/Parent's Meeting (6:15)
Mon. Oct. 1
Mon. Oct. 8 - No rehearsal (Columbus Day)
Mon. Oct. 15
Mon. Oct. 22
Mon. Oct. 29 - Halloween event (TBA)
Mon. Nov. 5
Mon. Nov. 12
Mon. Nov. 29
Sun. Nov. 25 - Dress rehearsal at 6:30pm (Central Christian Church)
Mon. Nov. 26 - Winter Concert 6:45 call, 7:30pm concert (Central Christian)
Mon. Dec. 3
Sun. Dec. 9 - Christmas Showcase (2pm call, 3pm performance)
It is crucial that all members attend all of our scheduled rehearsals and performances. We understand that students are in many activities and conflicts will arise. However, the quality of the group will largely be determined by how much we are able to accomplish in our weekly rehearsals. When members are missing rehearsals are much less effective.
1. The only excused absences are for illness, hazardous driving conditions due to the weather, family death or emergency, religious holiday, or mandatory attendance at a school music performance or game.
2. Please notify Dr. Smith of any necessary absences from rehearsals at least 48 hours prior to the rehearsal. (424-6358 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. If there are any performances you know you cannot attend you need to notify Dr. Smith at least one month before hand so that arrangements can be made for someone to take your place or for us to rearrange parts.
4. Members that have two unexcused absences from rehearsals will be asked to leave the orchestra for the remainder of that school year.
Senior Orchestra: Concert Black
· Men - Black suit or tux, white shirt, black shoes and socks, black bow tie
· Women - black dress or black blouse and skirt (should extend below knees), black shoes
Junior Orchestra: "Sunday Best"
No jeans or t-shirts
All students will be given copies of the music we’re playing and are responsible for bringing their own music to each rehearsal. Please don’t count on your stand partner to bring the music for you.