DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program
Professional Registered Nurses wanting to prepare to become a nurse anesthetist should apply for the DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program (also known as Track 1). Program is highly specialized and prepares individuals who hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) to become nurse anesthetists. Full-time program with more than 2400 hours of clinical practice. Offered in conjunction with Decatur Memorial Hospital
Prior to July 1 deadline, Graduate applicants should:
- Complete the DNP Application
- Send official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended.
- Provide evidence of successful completion (grade of C or better) of courses in undergraduate nursing research, health assessment, organic chemistry and statistics. Must complete a graduate level statistics course prior to July 1 deadline.
- Possess an unencumbered license as an RN in Illinois.
- Must provide evidence of ACLS, BLS, PALS certifications
- Provide three (3) written recommendations (form)*1 must be from a direct ICU supervisor
- Submit a one to two-page written statement (up to 1000 words) addressing personal and professional goals related to the DNP Program
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit a critical care skills checklist
All documents should be sent to:
1184 W. Main
Decatur, IL 62522
Program Requirements for the DNP: Track 1 - Nurse Anesthesia Program
For more information, contact Millikin's School of Nursing: