Click here to download these guidelines
Three main questions:
- What’s the business?
- Is there a market?
- Are you the person to do it?
- What is your product or service?
o Where did you get the idea?
o What problem or need does it solve?
o What value are you creating and for whom?
- Who are your customers?
o What do they look like? (Geographic/Demographic/Social attributes)
o Why would they buy your product or service?
o How do you find them?
o How do you deliver your product or service to them?
- How do you make money?
o What is your revenue?
o What are your expenses?
- What resources do you need?
o Financial, physical, intellectual property, human?
o How do you maintain these resources?
- Who are your key partners?
o What resources are they supplying for you?
o What activities are they performing for you?
- What are the most important activities you need to do and know to make your business work?
- What’s your role? What do you need to do to make this work? Why do you want to do this? What are you the person who can make this happen?
o Passion, understanding, knowledge, experience
Business Model Guidelines:
10 page maximum.
- Define the opportunity for your business
o The problem or need that is solves
o The drivers of the problem or need
o The extent of the problem or need
- Describe your business concept
o Your business idea
o Your product or service
- Your business model:
o Value Proposition
o Customer segments
o Channels and Customer Relationships
o Revenue Streams
o Key Resources, Activities, and Partnerships required
o Cost Structure (startup and operating costs)
- Appendix (if needed)