Higher Learning Commission
Millikin University has been accredited since 1914 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The most recent reaffirmation of HLC accreditation was 2006/2007. The Higher Learning Commission’s Statement of Affiliation Status for Millikin University can be found here.
For further information regarding Millikin’s HLC accreditation, please contact: Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411, ph. 312.263.0456.
In addition to being accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the following programs hold discipline-specific accreditation:
- School of Music
- The School of Music, in the College of Fine Arts, is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Athletic Training
- The Athletic Training Education program, in the Exercise Science & Sport Department within the College of Professional Studies, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- School of Education
- The School of Education, in the College of Professional Studies, is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- School of Nursing
- The School of Nursing, in the College of Professional Studies, holds Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation for its Bachelor of Science in Nursing and its Master of Science in Nursing programs. The new Doctor of Nursing Practice program will host a CCNE accreditation visit during the 2015/2016 academic year.
- Nurse Anesthesia Program
- The Millikin University and Decatur Memorial Hospital Nurse Anesthesia Program, in the College of Professional Studies, is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA).
- Tabor School of Business
- The Tabor School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).