So you’ve submitted an application, now what?
- Complete your application by sending us your official ACT/SAT scores, official transcript and a letter of recommendation from a teacher and your counselor.
- Upon successful completion, you will receive a letter that will let you know whether you have been admitted to Millikin.
- If you’d like to check your status before that, please give us a call at 800-373-7733 or send us an email. If you applied online, log on to check your status.
You’ve been admitted. Congratulations!
- Once admitted, your Admission Certificate will be followed by your Admission Packet, containing information about the next step.
- Visit campus. Chances are if you’ve been admitted to Millikin, you’ve been admitted to other schools too. Do yourself a favor and visit your top three campuses (where you’ve received admission). This is the BEST way to know if a school is right for you.
- Financial aid tends to be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Apply for financial aid as soon as possible after Jan. 1 of the year you plan to attend. (For example, if you want to start classes in August you’ll apply for aid sometime before March 1.) To learn more about the financial aid process, click here.
- Remember, some scholarships require separate applications. For example, if you’re seeking a talent award (art, music, theater or dance), you will need to work directly with the department to schedule interviews and/or auditions.
- Decision time. Trust your intuition and your heart and pick your school. Remember to send in your Millikin deposit and notify your other schools that you won’t be coming.
You’ve selected Millikin. Excellent choice!
- Submit your housing application and deposit by May 1. (Hint: Housing requests are filled based on the date of your deposit, so send it in as early as you can.)
- Attend Freshman Registration in June. During registration, you’ll get to know other “New Blues,” sign up for classes, meet faculty and get acquainted with campus.
- Plan to get the most out of Millikin. Start thinking about student activities you might like to join. Get to know your roommate via phone, email or IM. And prepare for full freshman immersion when First Week begins in August.