You’ve applied for admission. Now what do you do?
- Request that all (and that means ALL) official high school and college transcripts from every school you’ve ever attended be sent to Millikin. We need these to make an admission decision.
- Ask a current or former teacher to write a letter of recommendation and submit it to Millikin’s Office of Admission.
- Within a few weeks, you will receive a letter that will let you know whether you have been accepted to Millikin.
- If you’d like to check your status before that please give us a call at 800-373-7733 ext. 5 or send us an email. If you applied online, logon to check your status.
- Apply for financial aid as soon after Jan. 1 each year. Financial aid tends to be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Transfer students are also eligible for certain scholarships, including the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, the Transfer Incentive Grant and the Caterpillar, Inc. Scholarship. To learn more about the financial aid process, click here.
You’ve been accepted. Congratulations!
- If you are accepted, your acceptance letter will contain the amount of your merit award from the University. (You may receive other scholarships or financial aid awards once your financial aid application is processed.)
- Information for MyMillikin login and your Millikin identification number will be included in your acceptance letter.
- Visit campus. This is the BEST way to know if a school is right for you.
- Decision time. Trust your gut and decide if Millikin meets your needs. Be sure to pay your $150 deposit. The deposit also provides you access to the housing application.
You're going to Millikin!
- Submit your housing application.
- Meet with our Director of Transfer Admission who will help you register for classes individually.
- Attend Transfer Orientation. This will introduce you to other new and current transfer students plus acquaint you with campus.
- Plan to get the most out of Millikin. Start thinking about student activities you might like to join.
Orientation & Registration
- Click here for information about Transfer Student Orientation & Registration.