Become a Big Blue Mentor by joining our Mentoring Network … a service to assist students and alumni in finding mentors who can advise and support them in their professional development. (View the list of alumni who are serving as mentors)
Mentors may offer one or more of the following avenues of assistance:
- graduate school information and advice
- leads to internship and jobs
- conducting practice interviews
- critiquing resumes
- an opportunity to “shadow” the mentor in his/her workplace
- networking opportunities
Become a mentor
Becoming a Big Blue Mentor is simple: register your profile on our site to get started! Registering a profile is easy, and you are encouraged to access your profile frequently to update it.
- Go to: www.collegecentral.com/millikin
- Click on the icon labeled "Alumni", located at the bottom of the page
- In the middle of the page, choose the link for "Mentoring Network"
- Click on the link for "Join Our Mentoring Network"
- Access is password protected. Our password is [mentor]
- Click on the link for "Add My Mentoring Profile"
- Complete the profile form; this should take approximately 10-15 minutes
- Be sure to make a record of the Mentoring Network password, the personal Access ID and password you create for yourself. You will need this information for return visits.
- After you have posted a profile, you may access it in the future by choosing the "Update Your Mentoring Profile" link by following steps 1-3 above
Please be as complete as possible when posting your profile. The information is very valuable to individuals as they develop their career goals. Of particular importance is the Career Development Questionnaire.
We value your privacy! Please note that your address, phone number and email address will not appear on your profile, but are required so that you can be contacted by Millikin.
** In the "Contact Preference" section, you may elect whether or not you would like to receive email communications from students. This email address will not appear on your profile; it will only be visible to the MU Career Center. Students and alumni will be able to send messages to you without knowing your email address unless you prefer not to be contacted. You may change this preference at any time.
** MU will review profiles before making them live to students.
For more information, contact the Alumni Office