Each year, hundreds of alumni, parents and friends volunteer their time to help Millikin in a variety of ways. Your help is welcome, too!
Following are some sample volunteer opportunities. Please contact the Alumni Office if you have specific questions.
Assist the Millikin Admission Office in recruitment efforts of qualified prospective students. There are several ways help. Contact the Alumni Office to learn more.
- Alumni Association - on-campus meetings (five per year), 18 alumni appointed to serve rotating three-year terms, assist with campus events, serve on committees including communication, homecoming/special events, social, fund development, student/alumni relations.
- Chicago Board of Governors - meets approximately quarterly to plans activities/projects for Chicago area.
- Indianapolis Steering Committee - meets 3 times per year to plan activities/projects for Indianapolis-area alumni and friends.
- St. Louis Steering Committee - meets 3 times per year to plan activities/projects for St. Louis/Metro East area alumni and friends.
- Parents Association Board - meets 2 times per year (fall and spring) - maintains open communication among parents, faculty, and university administration. Supports special projects at the university through fundraising efforts.
Assisting with special events in your area
Coordinate periodic events in areas without formal clubs or represent the university at special events, such as college presidential inaugurations.
Assisting with special events on campus
Volunteer to assist with homecoming, fall family weekend, commencement, etc.
Class agent for fund-raising
Send letters to your peers encouraging their involvement in Millikin's annual fund drive.
Homecoming reunion committees
Plan for class activities at five-year incremental reunions and for special affinity group reunions.
Send clippings about stories involving Millikin alumni and students. Assist us in getting the Millikin story out in your area through your media connections.
Clerical support on campus
Assist with mailings, phoning or other special projects as needed in the Office of Alumni and Development.