Millikin University > Alumni & Friends > Stay Connected > Out of The Blue > Issues
7/17/2012 10:30 AM
Get ready for an engaging season filled with classic rock, illusion and so much more! The Kirkland Fine Arts Center has announced the 2012-13 season, which includes a variety of musical and theatrical events, along with your favorite Kirkland traditions.
View a complete listing of Kirkland events or purchase tickets online.
7/17/2012 9:30 AM
Jacyln Weisenborn '09 is the new associate director of alumni relations, working with long-time Alumni Relations Director Jan Devore, succeeding Tim Martin '10, who is pursuing a master's degree in student affairs at the University of Georgia after two years with the alumni office.
Welcome to the team, Jaclyn!
7/17/2012 8:30 AM
Join MU alumni and friends in a send-off picnic for new students in the St. Louis-area.
We'll be meeting Sunday, July 29 from 1-3 p.m. at Picnic Area 1, east of the World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park. Look for the MU banner.
Bring a potluck dish; meat and drinks will be provided. Please RSVP before July 26 by calling toll free 1-877-JMU-ALUM (586-2586) or emailing email@example.com.
7/17/2012 7:30 AM
Are you, a family member or a friend ready to pursue a bachelor’s degree through Millikin’s traditional degree program or the Professional Adult Comprehensive Education (PACE) program or earn a master of business administration degree?
If so, Millikin has the right program for you. MU will host several informational sessions and open houses for all three programs throughout the next few months, with opportunities to visit campus and learn more about the undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
7/17/2012 6:30 AM
Are you loyal to the Big Blue in all that you do? Then join the Loyal Blue Club! This new club honors MU alumni and friends who connect and support the university in three ways:
- making a gift
- keeping in touch with information updates
- staying involved through events, activities and volunteerism.
Visit the Loyal Blue Club page for more details.
7/17/2012 5:39 AM
Homecoming is Oct. 5-7, so start making your plans now! Reunion packets are being mailed to alums whose class years end in 2 or 7, as well as to several other groups celebrating reunions. Also, a brochure detailing homecoming activities will be sent to all alumni late this summer.
Several alumni will be recognized on Friday, Oct. 5, at an open-to-everyone dinner honoring Alumni Awards recipients and Athletic Hall of Fame (AHOF) inductees. This year's AHOF recipients were just announced:
- Lance Brooks '06 - track & field
- Denise Fogle '91 - softball
- Suzanne Murphy Short '00 - volleyball
- Lin Stoner '73 - recruitment and support of athletics
Learn more online.
7/17/2012 4:35 AM
Join alumni and friends as the St. Louis Cardinals take on the Chicago Cubs at Busch Stadium on Saturday, July 21, at 6:15 p.m. (note time change due to FOX-TV broadcast) in the Redbird Row Party Suites.
Call the alumni office at 1-877-JMU-ALUM (568-2586) for details today or buy tickets online now - just 5 tickets left!
7/17/2012 3:34 AM
- Pete Engle ’00 makes several appearances in the new Oxygen reality dance series “All The Right Moves,” which chronicles four of his dance clients
- Allison Lingren ’10 is selected to direct opera in New Hampshire
- Lauren Culver ’10, Jack O’Brien ’13, and Anastasia Arnold ’14 performed in a production of “And The World Goes ‘Round” in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, directed by Sean Morrissey, chair of the MU department of theatre and dance, with musical direction by Kevin Long, artist in residence in the department of theatre and dance
- Joseph Bein ’12 discusses his musical adaptation of “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and overcoming his physical challenges
- Kaylie Honkala ’12 and Abbey Dougherty ’14 help students prepare for the stage at SMASH Camp
- Cora Jeffers ’13 and Jordan Rahar ’13 selected for the Jack Swartz Award and the CCIW Academic All-Conference team
- Amber Dohlman named Big Blue head softball coach
- Faculty member Julialicia Case featured in the latest issue of “Willow Springs” literary magazine
- Craig White, director of athletics and recreation, discusses commitment
- Randy Brooks, dean of arts and sciences, leads students to international success in Haiku
7/17/2012 1:28 AM
Take a crack at solving our Big Blue Jumble. Solve all five words related to things or people that are uniquely Millikin and then complete a phrase out of the circled letters. Here’s the clue to help you create the final phrase: The name of a new organization dedicated to those who are dedicated to MU.
M N A U I L
_ _ _
_ _ _
N A E Z R B O M N
_ _ _
_ _ _
R D A E C U T
_ _ _
_ _ _
I L P L N G I
_ _ _ _
_ _ _
B L Y I A R R
_ _ __
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Send your best guess to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include your name and address. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all who respond correctly and each winner will receive a Millikin prize.
June Jumble puzzle winners
- Jackie Dunkel Sward '53
- Kendra Otwell Newland '70
- Matthew Scott '89
- Christy Garrelts '93
- Bradley Day '11
All winners received a MU leather coaster for correctly identifying the phrase “Catch the Fever,” the theme for Homecoming 2012. Thanks for participating!