Established in 1969 under the name of For Soul Only (FSO), Black Student Union is the oldest minority organization at Millikin University. It shall be the purpose of Black Student Union to serve as support to its membership and campus community that share a common interest and concern for the history and culture of Black/African American students.
The goals of the organization shall be to:
- Promote retention of Black/African American students, staff, and faculty
- Provide Black/African American cultural enrichment and appreciation
- Serve as an advocate for and provide support for students, staff, and faculty whom identify as Black/African American
- Promote positive social interaction for all students and Black/African American students at Millikin University
- Continue to bridge the gap between various cultural and ethnic communities in order to promote understanding awareness, and sensitivity towards diversity and inclusion
Please register to become a member of the Black Student Union.
You're invited to fill out the: BSU Registration Form
Hope. Change. Progress. - What We do
Look out for BSU at your study tables! This year, instead of holding our own study tables, we'll be visiting study tables around campus so that we can get to know you, and study with you. See you all soon!
We have social events and meetings every month! Come out and get involved with underrepresented students on your campus!
In the past, during BSU Week, we have hosted Halloween parties for the younger children of the Decatur community. We have also participated in other organizations' service projects. Last year, we held a Petition Signing with Change.org that you can read more about on our Events & Meetings page. We are always looking for ways to get involved!
News & Resources
BSU wants you to be informed! View current news and resources.
Congratulations to the newest members of the Black Student Union Executive Board! View all of BSU's Executive Board.
|Ashley Long - President||Tiana White - Vice-President||Bridgette Williams-Publicity Chair|
|Richard Long - Membership Chair||Jovonne Roberson - Secretary||Chiresha Davis - Treasurer|