Millikin University - Decatur, IL
International Immersion Courses

Click here for a list of International Travel Immersion courses.

To apply for an International Travel Immersion course

Each immersion will have its own deadlines. For these and other course-specific information, see the current travel immersion page. Formal contracts for the course can be obtained from individual instructors.

Any deposits and other immersion payments must be made at the Student Services Office in Shilling Hall. The money will be held in escrow for your trip, instead of being applied to current semester charges.

You will also need to complete travel paperwork for the Center for International Education as a condition of participating in any international travel immersion.

These forms include:
1) Emergency notification information
*This form provides contact information in case of an emergency
2) Statement of Responisbility, Release and Authorization to Participate in an International Studies Program
*Through this form, you agree to behave maturely and follow Millikin's code of conduct.
3) Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement
*By signing this form, you legally acknowledge your personal responsibility (previous form). Your signature needs to be notarized, which can be accomplished in CIE or with any other notary. Do not sign this form until you are personally in front of a Notary Public. You will also need to show a valid picture ID (your Millikin ID or driver's license is acceptable).
4) International Student Identification Card (ISIC) Application
*The ISIC card is a universal student ID that provides insurances coverage, travel discounts, and 24 hour assitance. Fill out and return this application to the CIE, along with a passport-sized picture.  For an additional $1, the CIE can take your picture at the time of application. The ISIC card costs $22 ($23 if picture is taken in the CIE) and will be charged to your student account.

All forms are available at the Center for International Education, LRTUC 121.

Also, be sure that you get a valid passport as soon as possible if you do not already have one! It needs to be valid to a date after you return to this country.

Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Millikin University - Decatur, IL