At Millikin, We Focus On You And Your Success.
Millikin is a place where you will be considered, be involved and be successful.
- ELC students are integrated into Millikin University. They live in Millikin residence halls, dine in the campus cafeteria, have access to computer, sports and other facilities, and can participate in the 90 organizations and other activities with Millikin degree-seeking students.
- The ELC curriculum is consistent with what students are expected to do in Millikin University classrooms. The ELC curriculum combines general and academic English with a “learning by doing” approach.
- ELC courses integrate the “four skills” of speaking, listening, reading and writing. Course blogs, student-led discussions of readings, and audio journals are just a few of the ways we do this at the ELC.
- ELC students from different levels work together to complete real-world projects. For example, students use technology such as PowerPoint, iMovie, iBooks Author, and Podcast Publisher to give presentations and create videos, podcasts, eBooks and newsletters.
- ELC students own their learning: They create ePortfolios to highlight how they have improved over a semester. These ePortfolios grow with students as they continue at the ELC.
- The ELC curriculum is connected with the Millikin campus and surrounding communities. For example, ELC students present at campus events, participate in class discussions with Millikin degree-seeking students, take part in fun communicative activities such as role plays and debates with American students, perform community service, collaborate with local schools, and go on trips to places in Illinois and cities in other states.
Outstanding Student Services and Opportunities
- Orientation week
- Special advising
- Outstanding campus activities, parties and excursions
- Designated computer laboratories with ESL software
- Full access to University services and services included Sport indoor Club, fitness, tennis courts, student clubs and organizations, library, computer labs, wireless internet, cafeteria and cafes, career center
- Friendship family program
- Only 2% of international students: You are Unique and you will be part of a diverse international family.
- You will never be a ‘number’ and we will always be beside you to guide you and help you starting at. We have Staff members dedicated to making your American Experience unforgettable.
- Exceptional Faculty engagement: Our Faculty will make themselves available anytime
We Are Here To Help You:
- Help you with your Visa
- Connect you with an international student to answer your questions
- Welcome you at Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Prepare your housing
- Help you with your Health Insurance
- Guide and advice you on a daily basis