Novell Data Sync (NDS) is available for current students of Millikin University. NDS allows the user to sync user email, calendar, contacts and reminders from GroupWise to many mobile devices.
Before you begin:
• Your WiFi-Only device MUST
be connected to the secure wireless network. For instructions on connecting your device to the secured wireless network, please go to www.millikin.edu/it
> Student Support > Network Connection FAQs.
• Students must complete the Mobile Device Sync setup process prior to configuring the device(s). To request a mobile sync account, or to view your specific server information, please go to myMILLIKIN
and click on MY ACCOUNT.
Configuring your iPad:
1. On your iPad, click Settings.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account...
4. When the Add Account menu opens, tap Exchange.
5. In the Email
field, enter your Millikin email address. (See above.)
6. Leave the Domain
7. In the Username
field, enter your Millikin username (without the @millikin.edu).
8. In the Password
field, enter the password you use to access your Millikin accounts.
9. In the Description
field, type Millikin.
10. Tap Next.
* If you receive the message Cannot Verify Server Identity regarding "millikin.edu,"
please tap Continue.
11. When the page refreshes, the Server
field will appear. Enter your server name in this field. (Your server name can be found in myMILLIKIN
under MY ACCOUNT.)
12. Tap Next.
13. The iPad will start Verifying
your information. This process may take up to 5 minutes to complete. Please be patient.
14. When verification of your account is complete, you may choose whether or not to sync your mail, calendar, contacts and/or reminders from your Millikin account. Once you have chosen your preferences, tap Save.
If you are still unable to view your email through your iPad, check the following settings and try again.
1. If you are connected to Millikin's wireless network, make sure you are connectd to the secured wireless network. (Instructions available here
2. Have you completed the Mobile Sync request? You can view the status of your request by going to myMILLIKIN
and selecting MY ACCOUNT.
3. Make sure you have entered your email address in the EMAIL field, and your username only
in the USERNAME field.
4. Make sure you are entering your password correctly.
5. Delete the current setup and try again.