Vision, Mission, and Learning Outcomes
Office of Residence Life strives towards promoting a progressive co-curricular experience that fosters inclusive, safe, healthy, and supportive communities at Millikin University.
Learning Outcomes for Residential Students
* Engage in Service
* Deepen Academic Pursuits
* Examine Personal Values
* Demonstrate Interdependence
* Develop Positive Communication Strategies
* Appreciate Social/Cultural Differences
The Office of Residence Life encourages our students to become democratic citizens, achieve professional success, and lead a life of personal meaning and value through residential education designed to meet their diverse developmental needs.
Specifically, we are:
- A dedicated and professional staff that provides excellent service to our students and stakeholders
- An environment where students are challenged to approach relationships, conflict, and differences in a mature and responsible fashion
- A respectful environment that supports students’ academic lives through performance-based learning, intentional programming, consistent enforcement of policies and procedures