Government and civic resources
Newspapers & Magazines
Radio & Television
- WJMU (89.5 FM) Millikin University student station, broadcasting since 1969. Programming daily, primarily but not only alternative rock music.
- WUIS (91.9 FM) Public radio from the University of Illinois/Springfield.
- WILL (90.9 FM) Public radio from the University of Illinois/Urbana Champaign. Mostly music.
- WILL (580 AM) Public radio from the University of Illinois/Urbana Champaign. Mostly reporting.
- WSOY (1340 AM) Talk radio; local weather warnings.
- WSOY-FM (102.9 FM)
- WDZ (1050 AM) Sports talk radio.
- WDZQ (95.1 FM)
- WAND TV (NBC) Broadcasting from Decatur.
- WBUI-TV (CW) Channel 23. Broadcasting from Decatur.
- WILL-TV Public television from University of Illinois/Urbana Champaign
Decatur arts & entertainment
- The Heritage Network of Decatur - Macon County: Thirty cultural organizations in and around Decatur, such as Children's Museum of Illinois, Civil War Round Table, Governor Oglesby Mansion, Hieronymus Mueller Museum, Mari-Mann Herb Farm, Monticello Railway Museum, and Moweaqua Coal Mine Museum.
- Avon Theatre: Independent movie theatre showing alternative films on weekends.
- Lincoln Square Theatre: "Community center for the performing, visual and literary arts in Decatur." Built in 1915 and currently being gradually restored even while in use.
- Theatre 7: Decatur's Community Theatre. Performances at the Decatur Civic Center Theatre.
- Gallery 510: Exhibits of the work of local artists.
- Decatur Park District. Parks & gardens, golf, bike trails, pools, and the Scovill Zoo.
- Kirkland events and other Millikin performances.
- Decatur Celebration: Annual (in August) Decatur street festival. Food, arts & crafts, stage shows.
- Decatur Area Arts Council. Bringing art programs to the Decatur area since 1967.
Some Eateries in the Decatur Area
- Within Walking Distance from Campus
- Lock Stock & Barrel serves lunch, dinner, and evening entertainment. On Oakland between Main and Wood Streets.
- Ralph's West End Market is a Decatur,IL based high-end meat, produce and cheese shop with fresh cut steaks, pork chops, and ribs. Ralph's also has a full deli and makes sandwiches to order.
- Lana's Cakewalk is a local family owned bakery specializing in custom cakes and desserts. It's great to stop in for a treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Donnie's Homespun Pizza is a local restaurant specializing in organic and fresh foods including pizza, sandwiches, smoothies, craft beer, wine, coffee and more.
- Blue Eggs and Ham local breakfast and lunch cafe-style eatery.