Staley Library provides computers with Internet access, printers, and scanners for Millikin University students, faculty, and staff.
All other computer use in Staley Library is at the discretion of Staley Library staff.
Non-Millikin-affiliated computer users (community patrons) must present a valid photo ID and agree to abide by Staley Library and Millikin University computer usage policies.
- All computer use by patrons under 16 years must be supervised by an adult (aged 18 or older).
- Community patrons may use computers for a maximum of two hours a day.
- Priority for computer use will be always given to Millikin-affiliated users. Therefore, community users may be turned away or asked to give-up their computer during busy periods.
All library computer users (Millikin and non-Millikin affiliated) must read and follow Millikin University campus technology policies: http://www.millikin.edu/it/policies/IndividualResponsibilities/Pages/default.aspx
At the first-floor work stations
- Internet use at Staley Library is for education and research, including access to the Library's many electronic resources.
- Millikin-affiliated users can save information from the library's computers to their personal Millikin H:/drives, flash drives, or cloud based data storage. All information saved to the computer is erased when the computer is restarted.
- Millikin-affiliated users can use the library's computers to print from their myMILLIKIN printing accounts. (Printing is not available to non-Millikin users.)
We also provide wireless laptop checkout for in-library use by Millikin students, faculty and staff ONLY, with presentation of valid Millikin photo ID at the Circulation Desk. Staley Library is a wireless "hot spot" that can be accessed with your personally-owned laptop computers and wireless devices. Users of the Staley guest Wifi network are governed by library and Millikin University computer and technology policies (see above).
Anyone accessing lewd, obscene, and/or pornographic materials (as judged by library staff) on computers within the library (including personal laptops) will be asked to leave the library. Abuse of any library or campus policies pertaining to behavior, computer
use, or borrowing may result in permanent revocation of all library