Quicklinks
myMILLIKIN |
Search
Millikin Home
Big Blue RSS
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Library History- Shilling Hall 
(click on images for larger versions)

From the beginning in 1903, "The library occupied rooms on the south side of the main corridor, east of the central stairway in the Liberal Arts Building [now Shilling Hall]. There it remained for twenty-eight years, gradually expanding in its vicinity until at last it overflowed altogether and was removed to its own new building in 1931." (Gage, Daniel J. The Millikin Story, 1900-1970. Typescript, p.32.)

1910

1925


October 14, 1903: Darwin's Animals and Plants Under Domestication was the first library title catalogued.
Both volumes of it are still available in the library's stacks.


1906 Millikin University Library Science class.
Front row, left to right: Anne Boyd, [?], Minnie Redmon, Jessie Ferguson. 
Second row: Eugenia Allin (instructor), Florence Scott, Estelle Bryant, Isabel Bumgarner
 
to Library history home page
  This page created on January 26, 2000  
 
 
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
 
Millikin University - Decatur, IL
Guest