Because archival materials are different from other items in a library, they are also handled differently for use and circulation purposes. This page will serve as a guide as to what you should expect when you wish to use items in the University Archives.
Guidelines for Using Materials
1. All users must register, showing positive current photo identification and signing the user log daily. A registration form is available online, and may be completed before visiting the archives. Registration Form (pdf file)
2. Due to preservation concerns, all food and drink are prohibited.
3. An archives has closed stacks; all items must be requested for retrieval from the staff member on duty.
4. Due to the risk of inadvertent damage to the documents, use of ink is prohibited; please take notes on your own separate paper in pencil, or on your own laptop computer.
5. When using records, please use only one folder of materials at a time and keep the records in their present arrangement.
6. To preserve the originals for future use, please make no marks or erasures or other changes to the records. Make sure your hands are clean before handling documents.
7. All records in the Millikin University Archives do not circulate; they must remain in the Archives.
This page created: April 1, 2005
Copyright: Millikin University Board of Trustees
or Phone: 217-424-3957