What is my Library Borrower ID?
Your "Library Borrower ID" is a unique 14 digit number that identifies you as a current Staley Library/Millikin University patron. It is different than your 8 digit Millikin ID number.
You will need it to:
- Place interlibrary loan requests (for books or articles)
- Log in to "Renew Items/My Account"
Library Borrower IDs are printed on the back of your Millikin ID card, above the barcode (patrons with older style ID cards may have it on the front of the card, below the Millikin ID number). They always start with the digits "21111".
If your Millikin ID card does not have your Library Borrower ID number printed on it, there is a formula that you can use to figure out what it is:
- 21111 + your seven digit Millikin ID number (remove the first 0 from your number) + 00
- Millikin ID number is: 00123456
- remove the first zero: 0123456
- add "21111" in front of the number: 211110123456
- add "00" at the end of the number: 21111012345600
If you have an "older" Millikin ID number with 7 digits (rather than 8), skip the first step and do not remove the first zero. That is, you will have two zeros after "21111." (example: Millikin ID= 0012345; Library Borrower ID= 21111001234500)
If you have any trouble using your Library Borrower ID number, please do not hesitate to call the library circulation desk for assistance: (217) 424-6214.