University Accreditation Status
Millikin University has been accredited since 1914 by what is now the Higher Learning Commission: A commission of the North Central Association.
The most recent reaffirmation of HLC accreditation was 2006-2007, including the Higher Learning Commission's Statement of Affiliation Status for Millikin University. For further information regarding Millikin’s HLC accreditation, contact the Higher Learning Commission at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411. You may also reach them by phone at 312-263-0456.
Stakeholders wishing to speak to an individual who can direct their questions and/or concerns to the appropriate institutional contact may call Diane Lane (217-362-6416) who serves as the University's Ombudsperson.
Millikin University is seeking comments from the public about the University in preparation for its periodic evaluation by its regional accrediting agency. The University will host a visit November 14-16, 2016, with a team representing the Higher Learning Commission. Millikin University has been accredited by HLC since 1914. The team will review the institution’s ongoing ability to meet HLC’s Criteria for Accreditation.
The public is invited to submit comments regarding the college to the following address:
Public Comment on Millikin University
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
The public may also submit comments on HLC’s website at comment.
Comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of the institution or its academic programs. Comments must be in writing.
All comments must be received by October 17, 2016.
In addition to being accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, several programs hold discipline-specific accreditations.
- The School of Music, in the College of Fine Arts, is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Athletic Training Education program, in the Exercise Science & Sport Department within the College of Professional Studies, is accredited by and in good standing with the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The School of Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Millikin University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
- The Millikin University and Decatur Memorial Hospital Nurse Anesthesia Program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, Illinois 60068, 847-655-1160.
- The Tabor School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).