Millikin Cello Day
September 10, 2016
Perkinson Music Building
Prof. Amy Catron and Prof. Ruth Marshall, Cello faculty
Cello Day is an intensive program for intermediate to advanced cellists of all ages. Participants are expected to bring one or two specific goals to achieve and we will provide tools and tips for advancement.
Early bird discount $60, if enrolled by August 15, 2016
No refunds after August 15, 2016.
- 9:30am: Welcome and registration
- 10am-10:50am: Warm-ups, ice breakers, and games/practice techniques; All students meet with faculty in Room 110
- 11:00-11:50: Individual practice time and mini lessons; Profs. Catron and Marshall will be checking in with students, monitoring their practice and giving short lessons.
- 11:50- 12:30: Lunch for all participants; Please notify us in advance of any dietary restrictions
- 12:30- 1:20: Faculty recital
- 1:30-2:20: Cello Choir rehearsal
- 2:30-3:20: Masterclass with all students in Kaeuper Hall
- 3:30-4:30: Final Honors Concert and Cello Choir Performance, Pictures and Goal Assessment; Honors Concert participants must audition in advance and will be selected prior to arrival
- Cookie reception and Good-bye until next year!
Faculty reserve the right to dismiss any participant who is in possession of weaponry or illegal drugs, or who is disrespectful or otherwise disruptive during the events. Any medical costs incurred during the day will be billed to the primary parent or guardian of the participant.Millikin and it’s Faculty are not responsible for any loss or damage of property or injury during Millikin Cello Day. Students are expected to bring their own instrument, bow and rock stop and to bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn.