Study at Millikin University!
We believe Millikin is a unique institution and a wonderful place for international students to study. The Millikin family is an accessible learning community, where you can discover and pursue your full potential, personally and professionally. Millikin offers a broad choice of majors and minors, pre-professional programs, and Exploratory Studies, which allows you up to a year to explore and focus your academic and career interests.
Our English Language Center offers two programs that can help to meet your goals:
- Intensive English Program to learn English and enjoy the American campus life.
- Transition Program to prepare you for academic success at Millikin.
Our beautiful campus, located in the heart of Illinois, has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Get involved in Campus Life by attending events or joining one of our 90+ student organizations. There are many opportunities to help you develop lifelong friendships and take part in activities in which you can learn more about American culture - both on and off campus.
- Founded: 1901
- Campus Size: 75 acres
- Student Body: 2,200 students, including approximately 100 graduate students
- Faculty: 145 full-time, 81% with terminal degrees
- Careers: 99% of grads found employment or entered graduate school within six months of graduation.
Rankings and Accreditations
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association; National Association of Schools of Music (NASM); Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA); Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE); Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP); National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Rankings: Millikin University proudly claims several regional and national rankings: No. 10 Regional College in the Midwest according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2016 “Best Colleges” guidebook; among the nation’s best colleges and universities by Forbes in its 2015 list of “America’s Top Colleges”; one of the Midwest’s best colleges in The Princeton Review’s 2016 College Selection Guide.
- Performance Learning: Nationally and internationally recognized for Performance Learning, our unique approach to transforming quality education into student success.
- International Community: 52 international students from 19 countries
- Diverse Student Body: Our international students come from a wide range of countries.
Afghanistan • Brazil • Canada • France • India • Japan • Mexico • Nepal • Netherlands • Pakistan • Panama • South Korea • Rwanda • Saudi Arabia • Spain • Taiwan • Tunisia • United Kingdom • Zimbabwe
Big Blue Athletics
|Men's Sports||Women's Sports||Intramurals|
About Decatur, Illinois U.S.A.
- Population: 74,000; Decatur offers an impressive quality of life and access to a variety of entertainment and cultural life.
- Strong international business climate with high-profile international companies, including Caterpillar Inc. (CAT), Tate & Lyle (TATYY), Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), and Fuyao Glass Industry Group.
- Easy access to Chicago (3 hours), Saint Louis (2 hours), and Indianapolis (2.5 hours) without paying the high price of living there. The Decatur airport features inexpensive fare to Chicago or St. Louis daily.
- Millikin is located in a residential neighborhood within walking distance to entertainment and dining options.
- Fall Semester August-December
- Spring Semester January-May
- Summer English Program - July
- MBA Program August-August
Housing and Dining
On-campus housing is guaranteed. All international students are paired with domestic students for housing placements. For more information on Millikin's housing and dining options, click the links below.