The Role of the Registrar's Office
The goal of our office to help facilitate course registration, records management, and degree-related information.
The Registrar Office offers the following services to students:
- Maintain and store all academic records of all students attending Millikin.
- Issue unofficial or official transcripts with signature of the student in accordance with FERPA Guidelines.
- Post online grades to student’s private Millikin account at the end of each academic term.
- Provide advisors with access to advisee academic records.
- Post online mid-term grades to new student and students on probation to their private Millikin account during their first year of study or first semester of probation at Millikin.
- Work with Admission and PACE to evaluate and approve all transfer coursework from accredited colleges, universities or two-year community colleges. This also includes approval of study abroad courses.
- Provide full-time letters for insurance purposes with the student’s signature.
- Verify good student discounts for insurance companies at the request of the student.
- Organize and supervise all registrations online by making sure accurate course information is available to all students and advisors via myMILLIKIN prior to all early registration periods. This includes making sure online schedule information is accurate.
- Provide instructions on how to register or adjust schedules online as well as posting changes to the schedule as they occur.
- Provide degree audits for individual students or advisors on demand.
- Provide all students an official degree audit after the student completes his/her 70th credit towards the degree.
- Support and maintain electronic degree audit system.
- Supervise and maintain all degree program changes in coordination with all academic units.
- Store and distribute current or previous Academic Bulletin information.
- Verify course content for transfer purposes or admission to graduate or professional schools.
- Certify graduates and provide diplomas or diploma replacements.
- Verify degree, graduation date, and major to potential employers or graduate/professional schools.
- Report Enrollment Data to State and Federal agencies each semester.